Welcome to the Kennet & Avon Canal Trust. We’re the charity that saved the Kennet & Avon Canal which runs from Bristol to Reading. Now we work to Protect, Enhance and Promote Britain’s best waterway. Browse our site to find out about our boat trips, our steam engines, our events and our cafes. Lots to do along the very best 87 miles in southern England.
The Spring 2019 version of our Trust magazine is now online:
We are currently looking to fill two volunteer vacancies;
Director of Boat Development
The Director of Boat Development’s role, is to ensure the boats and the revenue from the boats, is maximised, within the constraints of the Trust’s resources. The Trust wishes to get the best value out of the current boats, but the plans need to include end of economic life and replacement boats.
The role covers two main areas
– Develop & maintain a 10-year plan. Project management and implementation of the maintenance and upgrades to the boats.
– Maximising the revenue, profit and boat business opportunities.
For more information, please click here.
Director of Boat Operations
The Director of Boat Operations
-Is the “Designated Person” as defined by the MCA (MSN 1869 (M)
– Ensure the 4 trip boats are in compliance with the regulatory standards of the MCA.
-Responsible for monitoring the safe operation of the boats
– Responsible for the health and safety of boat operations
– Ensure the boats are adequately manned, equipped & maintained
– Ensure all Skippers & crew have undertaken the required training
Whilst this MCA role is focused on the 4 (coded) trip boats, the Director of Operations also needs to ensure the other 5 boats (Bruce Boats), meet statutory standards (inc. Inland Waters Small Passenger Boat Code)
For more information please click here.
To further discuss these roles or with any queries, please contact email@example.com
Online booking for boat trips
You can now book boat trips online. See individual boat web sites or go to tickets.katrust.org.uk
Data Protection – details of our policy and procedures are available HERE