We are the only organisation that campaigns solely for the Kennet and Avon Canal. Our aim is to promote the Kennet and Avon Canal to the benefit of all its users, the communities through which it passes, and its heritage. Other than during the pandemic, the Trust receives no funds from public sources. So we rely on member subscriptions and donations and grants for specific projects to fund our work.
Make a donation
We have ambitious plans for the future which will only be delivered if we can raise sufficient funds.
Become a member
Joining as a member is the best thing you can do to support us in being the voice of the canal
Leave a legacy
Protect the canal for generations to come
Volunteer with us
The Trust is run by volunteers and there are many opportunities to get involved, learn a skill and meet new people. There is a role for everyone, from becoming a skipper to chatting to visitors, serving cream teas and carrying out maintenance of our fleet. No experience necessary as full training is provided.
Support us while shopping online
Support us on #easyfundraising, over 4,700 shops and sites will donate for free, every time you shop online. This includes the big names like eBay, John Lewis & Partners, Argos, ASOS, Expedia, M&S, Just Eat and many more.
Projects on the horizon
With your support we hope to:
- Conserve the historic Wash House at Aldermaston Wharf
- Improve the facilities on Newbury Wharf, and along the canal through Newbury
- Provide new facilities at Bedwyn Wharf for those hiring the accessible Bruce Boats
- Purchase the Smithy at Crofton from CRT, and developing it as a visitor and education space
- Continue to run public trips on the canal, and work with CRT to ensure the maintenance of the canal for the benefit of all its users, whether on the water or towpath